Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Book Review: Half the Sky

Half the Sky is my Bible.


That is all.


No I wish it were all but those three words can ignite a wildfire of passion within me... I'll rage like the strongest waterfall... Half the Sky is a book that EVERY feminist should read to understand the state of womanhood on a global scale. It's that important. Every human regardless of the organs between your legs should read this book. And then do something. Whether that be donating to a worthy non-profit or charity, taking a few months to do volunteer work, or just re-examining your attitude toward global feminism. This book changed my life and I have nothing but respect and admiration for Sheryl WuDunn and Nicholas Kristof, and so much empathy for the women and girls who shared their stories and gave voice to the millions of women suffering around the world.

Get this book.

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Half-Sky-Oppression-Opportunity-Worldwide/dp/0307387097/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1427312100&sr=8-1&keywords=half+the+sky

No comments:

Post a Comment