Wednesday, March 25, 2015

A Feminist Body: Ode to the Fuzzy Ladies



I love to be sexy
I love that this body is mine
But if you 
just sexualize me
you jeapordize a 
chance to dive down 
the depths of my mind

So don't.

Don't get me wrong
I said I love this body
but I'm not just some 
superficial hottie
or naughty 
or gaudy
This body is filled and covered with stories
tales of glamour and grit and glory
I don't shave my legs
or my armpits
or my mons pubis
My hair grows free as the grass
Long and fresh --
Why don't more people do this?
I've been braless
Bare and Braless
since I was barely sixteen
My boobs are my best friend
I'd never suffocate them
because someone says nipples are unseen

I love my body
From the shape
to the skin
to the brain
in the head
which my mane
grows in.

I love my scars
and the stories they tell
Times in paradise
Times in hell
I'm a patchwork person
Look at the stitch marks 
and the skin grafts
Like the many lands
which polka-dot a world map
The blemishes
The stings
The spots
The burns
You could look at me and sexualize me
or you could look at me and learn
and know
and grow
as the grass
in the air

Like my armpit hair.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment